Stay up to day about the most exciting logistics tech and innovations: Follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn. 

A lot has happened since the Covid-19 pandemic gripped the world, and the logistics sector has been one of the most damaged. Disruption on this scale has taught us a lot about the fragility of the logistics industry as well as the power that digitalization tools possess to make global supply chains more resilient. 

At Zukonft we have taken note of the challenges logistics companies have faced during this time and considered them while building out our product.

Here are some of the main challenges we are solving at Zukonft.

1.Exploitation by centralisation.

As we know the EU road freight market is fragmented, with the most prominent players controlling about 12% of it. SMEs control up the remaining 88% of the market but are at risk of losing this share to larger players with digitalization capabilities or to those who provide centralized digital platforms.

2. Digital Disruption

The Industry is facing digital disruption and consolidation from new centralized technology start-ups and established players

3. Fragmentation

Centralizing corporate relationships, business process standardization, and operational data ownership are all almost impossible due to fragmentation.

4. The Uberization of local economies

SMEs, which are vital to local economies and the creation of jobs, are in danger of being Uberized or Amazonized: – declining profit margins and market share

5. Lack of Neutrality

The lack of a neutral or decentralized network. Without neutrality, the larger centralized players push out smaller business owners and control who they can work with.

Follow our latest developments on TrustedTrucks


Did you find the article insightful or useful?
Share it with someone who should read it too!

Scroll to Top